Having a supportive, stable relationship provides many physical and mental health benefits ¹. However, unhealthy relationships may lead to chronic stress and poorer well-being ². Couples therapy helps couples identify unhealthy relationship patterns, express and explore difficult thoughts and emotions in an objective non-judgmental, and safe environment. Couples therapy builds on the existing strengths of the couple and aims to make positive changes in the relationship.
It can help to:
● pinpoint your specific challenges and how your relationship is handling them
● learn new ways to interact and overcome unhealthy patterns of relating to each other
● set individual or couple goals and work on ways to achieve
● improve communication and problem solving skills
Here are some issues or situations where you could benefit from couples therapy:
● marital / relationship problems including separation and divorce issues
● frequent arguments and poor communication
● issues related to transitions in life such as relocating or becoming a parent
● cultural differences in parenting styles and family functioning
● specific issues such as infidelity, finance, intimacy and sexuality
“We are wounded in relationship and we are healed in relationship.” ~Harville Hendrix
The therapy sessions can teach you new tools and skills to deepen the connection with your partner and get through stressful times. This has been proven helpful even after you have finished therapy. The duration of the sessions varies between 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your agreement with the therapist. Please contact Inter-Being for more information or to make an appointment.
Gottman Method Couples Therapy
At Inter-being, one of the methods we use in couples therapy is the Gottman method. This method was developed on the basis of pioneering scientific studies on romantic relationships. Couples who enter into Gottman Method Couples Therapy start with a comprehensive assessment process. This assessment includes a conjoint session (session 1), followed by individual sessions with each partner and completing several questionnaires (session 2). Based on the assessment, we present feedback on your relationship with a roadmap including therapeutic framework and interventions (session 3).
Therapeutic framework: The couple and therapist decide on the frequency and length of the sessions based on the couple’s needs.
Therapeutic interventions: Interventions focus on addressing and managing the conflicts, strengthening the friendship and intimacy, building or recreating shared meaning and goals in the relationship. We also work on preventing relapse.
For a limited period, we are offering the Gottman Method Couples Therapy for a reduced fee.
105 minutes (90 min direct, 15 min indirect) – 157,50 EUR
90 min (75 min direct, 15 min indirect) – 135 EUR